India's AMCA Project Spells Trouble for Russia's Su-57 and Su-75 Ambitions

India's AMCA Project Spells Trouble for Russia's Su-57 and Su-75 Ambitions

The Security Committee of the Council of Ministers of India has embarked on an ambitious venture: the Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA) project. With a dedicated investment of 1.8 billion dollars, India is bolstering its aerospace capabilities while marking a significant shift in its defence strategy.

The AMCA project highlights India's determination to become self-sufficient in defence, moving away from its traditional reliance on Russian military technology.

India and Russia have shared a long history of defence cooperation, with India utilizing primarily Soviet-era equipment and technology. However, recent developments signal a changing dynamic.

Russia's introduction of the Su-75 Checkmate, a fifth-generation fighter aircraft aimed at markets like India, has been met with an underwhelming response. India's reduced enthusiasm for Russian hardware highlights its desire to diversify its military procurement and nurture its own defence industry.

The AMCA project embodies India's ambition to plot its own path in military aviation. With substantial investment in developing a fifth-generation fighter jet, India seeks to both reduce its reliance on foreign suppliers and greatly enhance its defence capabilities.

The AMCA promises to be a highly adaptable platform, featuring advanced avionics, stealth technology, and unmatched firepower, all designed to meet the evolving needs of the Indian Air Force.

India's decision to develop the AMCA has far-reaching strategic consequences. By building domestic capabilities in military aviation, India bolsters its national security and cements its position as a sovereign power on the global stage.

Further, the AMCA's development will increase India's standing as a credible partner in defence cooperation, fostering potential collaborations with other nations in aerospace technology.

If a fighter with more than 2 flying prototype is long time away.. What about a fighter that is on paper and is going to be made by an organisation that has a dubious reputation with relaxed approach to work.
Difference is that AMCA is using many of the subsystems of Tejas mk2 and TEDBF. we have already developed most of the subsystems. KAAN is an empty shell right now. And it the first time turkey is developing modern fighter. HAL has multi decade experience. I know that I may sound overly optimistic, but I choose to believe in my country. In recent years lots of work has been done to improve infra in defence industry and new manufacturing plants have been set up.

What a joke 🤣🤣🤣 .. mark my comment , sooner or later iaf have to buy small number of foreigner 5th gen aircraft because pakistan will get 5th gen aircraft before 2030 and about amca we will be very lucky if we see amca in iaf sarvice before 2040 ...
We should never be Reactive in our Strategic endeavour. An excellent decision in indigenous design, development and manufacturing of AMCA has been made. There will be powerful forces against it by overt & covert means.
Overt means will be to offer state of the art aircraft at attractive price range. That can kill AMCA. National leadership must not allow that pre mature kill.

Polical Blackmailing by arming a neighboring country thereby forcing us to purchase thereby killing AMCA.

Covert means will be used like sabotage etc cannot be ruled out.

Its pointless to pursue the SU 57. In terms of stealth it is inferior to American and Chinese stealth planes. Western sensors and avionics are far superior to Russian ones. Without significant investment by China or India the SU 57 has no future as Russia on its own lacks the resources to develop it to its full potential. Better to have a strategic partnership with Dassault to manufacture Rafales.
You think rafale is 100% with all subsystems made in France. Also Su57 is not that bad it can atleast easily take down a rafale

LOL.. Let me say what's going to happen. We will keep getting néw dates of roll out and first flight. By then Pakistan will be getting their 5th Gen fighters from China and Turkey. Then India will panic buy the Russian Su57s paying twice the price.
That is what used to happen under the corrupt jihadi party

Its pointless to pursue the SU 57. In terms of stealth it is inferior to American and Chinese stealth planes. Western sensors and avionics are far superior to Russian ones. Without significant investment by China or India the SU 57 has no future as Russia on its own lacks the resources to develop it to its full potential. Better to have a strategic partnership with Dassault to manufacture Rafales.
Your absolutely wrong. Russian stealth jets are much better than Chinese jets because most of the technology isn't as good as they say it is and it has major problems and faults with it.

India are definitely going to stick with its indigenous AMCA project and it isn't going to import any expensive foreign jets even if there is a delay in our indigenous programs. Also with sanctions on Russia and payment issues creating problems then it would be very difficult to justify trying to buy it from.

If there is a long delay then India can always buy a squadron of the single engine stealth fighter Checkmate which has a very low manufacturing cost. If we use it along with the Sukhoi, Rafale, Mirage and Tejas then it can provide a lethal combination and increase our fire power.

Pakistan has already decided to buy J 35
That aircraft is not yet ready. And pakistan is 2nd in line, chinese navy will get its jets first.

India has also decided to buy brahmos 2 hypersonic missile. It is a meaningless statement because it is not yet ready, and even when it is ready, it will not be in mass production for quite some time

Rafale F4 is superior in all aspects to Su 57 and 75 junk and even better than J31 of China which Pakis are getting. India needs to fastrack MRFA to purchase 114 Rafales, cancel LCA Mk2 and put all its focus on AMCA and stealth drones with French help.

Ha ha...i wish your belief was based on reality. Will see about it. I say prototype won't be ready until 2035.
Prototype will be ready soon but production won’t happen for a very long time, we know about IAF and how they will change the specs and how many times.

Bro, first none of these 2 options are anywhere near 5th gen. 4.5 gen at its best and that too a stretch. The showcased KAAN is at best a glorified RC model. Second lets wait if Bhikharistaan exists till 2030
J31 is more advanced than J20, even in J20 Chinese started removing the Cannards.

Ever since ukraine war began many anonymous officials said that weapons Sales from Russia have been completely stopped.

SU-57 withered away when Russia took $350 millions to define Indian FGFA concept (SU-75 derivative) but did not let Indian IAF or any government employee go near the SU-57 prototype.
Russia asked for billions to develop Indian FGFA and India refused it.
Russia failed the trust test right there and then.
We never know, decisions are driven by GeoPolitics, so anything can happen.

That aircraft is not yet ready. And pakistan is 2nd in line, chinese navy will get its jets first.
Now this is what you call being overly optimistic: J 35 was seen in production ready final config( PLA Navy) just a few days ago.( I think u haven't seen that news- so at most 2029 for J31, right!?

KAAN - people say it's a shell, I also know that but what about the timelines!? Almost by 2030, it would be ready, so after 2-3 more years, Pak would also have access to KAAN.

And ur fighter's IOC is EXPECTED by 2033, and u say - yes still we can do it👏

We should go for Su 75, if Russia manages to rollout and conduct first flight of the plane before 2027, since it's a SEF- it can easily complement AMCA when the later would be ready( mk1- 2033 IOC).

Pak already has 2 options, and they might induct J35 soon. We can't afford to lose the lead to them.

And Idk from where some fag0ts have the confidence to say that Rafales are better than J20s.- If u go on hearing western propaganda, u will end up having this superiority complex too. As of now, I still don't know on what basis is Rafale better than J20
I agree, we can’t keep on waiting for AMCA indefinitely when both our sworn enemies will be operating 5th gen aircraft’s, HAL hasn’t started making Tejas MK1A, it is almost mid 2024 now, they have to make Tejas MK1A and then MK2 and then TEDBF and then AMCA, in the mean time they also need to upgrade MIG-29 to UPG standard and upgrade SU-30 MK’s to Super Sukhoi, can they do it all in 15 years, I am highly doubtful, so we definitely need to operate some foreign 5th gen Aircraft in the interim until AMCA is ready, most probably it will be SU-57.

Our rafales though few in numbers are proven system with decades of development and service with a suite of state of the weapon like meteor.
With Rafale’s alone we can’t manage J20 and FC-31, we won’t be adding more than 62 of them 36+ 26 because of the cost.

J35 or FC-31 is still lomg way away. It is first going to be inducted by chinese navy, then it would be exported that too in few numbers
They are already Production ready and are proper stealth jets unlike what the western Media says, Chinese started removing Canard's from J20 to make it more stealthy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adarsh
Back