AMCA Program Reportedly Faced Bureaucratic Scrutiny over Cost Concerns

AMCA Program Reportedly Faced Bureaucratic Scrutiny over Cost Concerns

India's highly anticipated Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA) program, a cornerstone of the nation's defence modernization, has reportedly faced bureaucratic resistance stemming from budgetary concerns.

According to India Today media reports, the program encountered opposition when seeking approval for a budget of nearly ₹15,000 crore from the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS).

Sources indicate that this opposition originated from multiple fronts, surprisingly including factions within the Indian Armed Forces themselves. The primary concern voiced by these groups is the program's potentially burdensome financial requirements.

The Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA), responsible for leading the AMCA project, seems to have experienced significant bureaucratic hurdles even in the initial approval stages. The ADA submitted its proposal for CCS clearance roughly a year ago, yet extensive negotiations with Indian officials were required to gain the necessary approval.

To push for faster approval, the ADA reportedly sought intervention from the Prime Minister's Office (PMO), expressing concerns that further delays could lead to the aircraft becoming obsolete before reaching fruition. This suggests a sense of urgency regarding the AMCA's timely development within the global arms race.

The report highlights Turkey's successful first flight of its TF-X stealth fighter, nicknamed "Kaan," as a potential catalyst. Sources speculate that this success may have highlighted the risk for India of falling behind nations aggressively pursuing next-generation fighter jet technology.

Though it remains unconfirmed whether the Kaan's first flight directly influenced the CCS's ultimate decision-making, reports suggest a combination of the ADA's persistence in addressing concerns and the heightened sense of international competition may contribute to the program's eventual approval.

I differ from your view . ADA,HAL may have lot of shortcomings. There are other ways to improve their working or even to reorganize them. Private participants can be enhanced. Many of these things are already underway. But AMCA is non negotiable. This has to be done. I know there are many guys in this forum who love to completely discount DRDO ,ADA ,HAL and praise the Chinese junks that never saw any real conflict. I certainly differ from them and believe in the capabilities of our own people.
Nah I don't see them want to reorganize their group.... If what said come true they should already did that when they see that their efforts on projects goes slowdown and delayed.... It's better to focus more weapons that has realistic timeline delivery not lingering in fantasy bruh.... Are you but hurt we praise the Chinese jets just because they achieve what their main purpose???🧐🤔 Get some help bruh and touch some grass, we only give credits were it's due. And most of us who are not bias always reminding in comment that we should always be vigilant because Chinese advancement is alarming.... While our own is always flagged with delay

Democracy, rule of law will survive only if Bharat survives .I am of the firm view that anybody creating hurdles in the way of sensitive projects like AMCA,jet engine are traitors and deserves harsh punishment. Have u heard how some hardened criminals are eliminated in fake or real encounter? These traitors are a notch above those criminals. Then what is harm in getting rid of some of them?
Democracy is understanding of mutual respect of law and equivalent trade.... Only India can survive tru unity not division just because race or religion.... If you want to kill those bureaucrats without proper investigation your not different from dictator or communist like North Korea and China bruh

Nah I don't see them want to reorganize their group.... If what said come true they should already did that when they see that their efforts on projects goes slowdown and delayed.... It's better to focus more weapons that has realistic timeline delivery not lingering in fantasy bruh.... Are you but hurt we praise the Chinese jets just because they achieve what their main purpose???🧐🤔 Get some help bruh and touch some grass, we only give credits were it's due. And most of us who are not bias always reminding in comment that we should always be vigilant because Chinese advancement is alarming.... While our own is always flagged with delay
How can you say without any evidence that chinese jets have achieved their main purpose? Are you a Chinese paid troll engaged in misinformation? Then ask your master to try their 6th generation fighters across LAC and see their complete decimation .

How can you say without any evidence that chinese jets have achieved their main purpose? Are you a Chinese paid troll engaged in misinformation? Then ask your master to try their 6th generation fighters across LAC and see their complete decimation .
Your just blinded of reality.... Their main purpose is to develop their own so called 5gen aircraft and that's the j20 simple as that.... You on the other is a fffreak who can't grasp on what's the difference of reality and dream.... You act like those terrorist from middle east always pointing blames and accusations to others then crying as a victim of society 😹😹😹...
How on earth would those chingchongs communist pay me if I make fun of them somewhere if they make epic failures 🤭🙃....
Your one of those payed ultranationalist bias that act sometimes like Nazi's 😹😹😹

Your just blinded of reality.... Their main purpose is to develop their own so called 5gen aircraft and that's the j20 simple as that.... You on the other is a fffreak who can't grasp on what's the difference of reality and dream.... You act like those terrorist from middle east always pointing blames and accusations to others then crying as a victim of society 😹😹😹...
How on earth would those chingchongs communist pay me if I make fun of them somewhere if they make epic failures 🤭🙃....
Your one of those payed ultranationalist bias that act sometimes like Nazi's 😹😹😹
I am glad if you are not a CCP troll . But I will again want to repeat some of basic realities currently existing between IAF and PLAAF. PLAAF operates only about 4-5 airbases on 4000+ metre high Tibetan plateau capable of hosting only 200-250 PLA fighters that can support operations across LAC in comparison to 25 airbases at near sea level from Indian side that can host all 600-700 IAF fighters. IAF fighters can fly with full load of fuel and armaments in comparison to only 50% load of pka fighters in rarefied air of 5000 metres high Tibetan plateau. Targets on Indian side are protected in mountain shadows while chinese targets are all open in flat plateau. PLA pilots are widely known to be ill trained fighting for communist party unlike their Indian counterparts who are one of the best pilots in the world ,take part in training with best airforces and above all fight for their motherland . If you combine all the above factors,IAF currently has about 3:1 air superiority against PLAAF. Yes PLA is trying to bridge some of the gaps like in training, infrastructure but IAF is not sitting idle . In Himalayas,IAF will continue to maintain edge over PLAAF in coming decades . With the chinese economy going south, Indian GDP rising at record rate ., Bharat is well expected to surpass chinese in all aspects including technology,productions , exports and more .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rudra99
Back