P-75I Delays Leave India Vulnerable as Pakistan's Hangor Class Grows

P-75I Delays Leave India Vulnerable as Pakistan's Hangor Class Grows

Okay, imagine you're on the beach, building the ultimate sandcastle for your imaginary navy. But here's the problem: your neighbor keeps building bigger, better castles, and you're stuck with a bucket and a plastic shovel. Sadly, that's kind of like the situation with India and Pakistan when it comes to submarines.

The Core Problem​

Here's the deal: India's mega-plan to get awesome new submarines is super stuck. Imagine trying to decide on a pizza for a group, but everyone wants something different, and you have no money. That's basically Project-75I, and it leaves India way behind the curve.

Meanwhile, Pakistan is zooming ahead. They're getting eight spiffy new Chinese submarines, the Hangor class. Half of these are even being built with Chinese help right in Pakistan!

What Makes These Submarines Special (and Kinda Scary)​

These fancy boats use something called AIP (Air-Independent Propulsion) – think of it like extra batteries for your phone. It means submarines can hide underwater for way longer without coming up for air. Most Pakistani submarines already have this tech, but India has... zero.

The Numbers Don't Lie​

India is already short on submarines. It's like having only a few players for your soccer team. And these submarines are old, like trying to play with your grandad's cleats. China? They have a massive submarine team, and Pakistan's is growing fast.

India is making some moves to catch up. They're buying more submarines from France, but those talks seem stuck too. Plus, China's just getting stronger. Oh, and there's even a rumor Pakistan might fit those new subs with nuclear missiles! Yikes.

The Bottom Line​

It's a bit of a mess. India needs to hurry up and get its submarine game sorted. Imagine a pirate attack and all you have is a leaky rowboat... that's the worry here.

India needs to think fast and get those projects moving, or they might find themselves dangerously outmatched.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
riju77
Back