AI Drives Precision and Agility in India's Revamped ATAGS Artillery

AI Drives Precision and Agility in India's Revamped ATAGS Artillery

Bharat Forge, a leading Indian defense manufacturer, has unveiled significant technological advancements in its Advanced Towed Artillery Gun System (ATAGS). Chairman Baba Kalyani revealed how the incorporation of artificial intelligence (AI) is transforming the ATAGS into a cutting-edge weapon system.

One key AI-powered improvement lies in the ATAGS's maneuverability. Using AI algorithms and specialized sensors, the system optimizes the gun's positioning, resulting in a drastically reduced turning circle. This enhanced agility allows for faster and more efficient deployment in combat situations.

Kalyani highlighted the ATAGS's status as a "fully software-driven, fully digital gun." This means precise software controls every aspect of the 155mm/52 caliber howitzer's operation, from targeting to firing. AI integration further refines this digital system, enabling even greater accuracy and responsiveness.

The addition of AI technology represents a milestone for Indian artillery capabilities. Experts believe these advancements could solidify the ATAGS's position as a highly formidable weapon, providing Indian forces with a significant tactical advantage on the battlefield.

It’s army’s orders. Go and read the specs and the tender details. MoD’s website has it. Read and then comment.
I have already seen the two type of vehicles that we will get. So where did you get this order of just buying 250 vehicles? Show me a link to prove your correct.

And, what indigenous towed artillery has been procured by the Indian Army after they had imported 145 M777?

Definitely 145 is not all the towed artillery IA needs.
"Kalyani need to add a sticker "Made in USA" on the barrel and watch Indian Import Army buy these puppies like hot cakes in thousands."

My question was how many US guns did IA order FROM US after M 777 ?
As far as indegenous guns are concerned in Towed category ATAGS are inducted though in small quantities.Planned - 300 Plus . Mounted guns of 105 MM are planned. 155 MM Towed and and Mounted Guns are planned for induction as a part of Artillery modernisation. Where is your concern ?

Only Kalyani invest in RD

Tata Adani Ambani Mahindra... Are. Screw driver Kings

Also I don't like DPSUs. But Indian big P ivate companies are equally worse
If you think you can do a betyer job why don't you take up the initiative of starting up a defence manufacturing company instead of being critical of Corporate companies.? You claim to be an IIT. For your capability it's going to be a child's play to start a defence fim.

"Kalyani need to add a sticker "Made in USA" on the barrel and watch Indian Import Army buy these puppies like hot cakes in thousands."

My question was how many US guns did IA order FROM US after M 777 ?
As far as indegenous guns are concerned in Towed category ATAGS are inducted though in small quantities.Planned - 300 Plus . Mounted guns of 105 MM are planned. 155 MM Towed and and Mounted Guns are planned for induction as a part of Artillery modernisation. Where is your concern ?
To put a solid figure:

M777, made in the USA, 145 ordered and delivered.

As Akshat pointed in another comment, India acquired Dhanush artillery.
So,
Dhanush, made in India, 114 ordered and 18 delivered.

Kalyani ATAGS, made in India, Apparently not good enough for IA, so 0 ordered. (84 export orders though).

145 > 114

It can be seen, quantity of towed guns imported is higher than those acquired domestically.

No point in discussing about "Planned" acquisition of 300 plus artillery. MMRCA, Project 75i, etc. There are a million "planned" acquisitions are up in the air with no end in sight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philljones22
Back