First Tejas From Nashik Factory Coming in March 2025

Right now HAL need to utilise every production line to the maximum amount possible. Currently HAL are not achieving that which is why production levels are down when we desperately need every fighter on the frontline and increase our squadron strength. Also they need to manufacture the trainer jets at a quicker speed first so that we can train pilots in time.

The best and quickest option is to give a license to a few private companies to use their own facilities and manufacture more Tejas fighters which will take away the burden from HAL which always delays in making the jets its supposed to. The private sector will be able to make more jets and at a quick pace.

HAL and IAF must move to Kaveri engine for the MK1 40 nos and Twin Seater variants. this is compensate the slow and sluggish delivery of engines by GE for Tejas.

Lol, the fun thing would be to sack him if this doesnt happen due to HAL's delays....the earlier e start making examples of incompetence, the better it will be for all of us
All delays are never the fault of HAL, they have / will have multiple explanations all the time, with fault always lies with others..

So my prediction is correct. I kept on saying either it is Jan 2025 ( from second facility) or Sep 2025 ( all the facilities busy with trainer jets production)

I’d be very surprised if they deliver anything from Nashik by Mar 2025. For the roll out of 1st Mk1A from Nashik, general estimate is T0 + 2.5Years. T0 is order of additional 97 Mk1A.

It’d be indeed extreme proactiveness on the part of HAL, if they are stretching it to T0 itself. Who knows … it maybe T0 minus too. MOD and IAF might take another 3-4 years before they place this new order like they did for the order of 83.

Let’s us see. 1 year will fly.
Join the opposition parties and have a platform against whatever is the official word. I am sure you will be a star.

Join the opposition parties and have a platform against whatever is the official word. I am sure you will be a star.
The official word was that Tejas mk2 should have been rolled out by August 2022. Where is it sir?

So my prediction is correct. I kept on saying either it is Jan 2025 ( from second facility) or Sep 2025 ( all the facilities busy with trainer jets production)
Yeah but due to low production of F404 engine from US, we can only manufacturing 20 Tejas mk1a at man. And that seems to be the case from 2026-27 onwards.

Considering the future expansion and orders , HAL must now start thinking big and construct Hangers and associated facilities at a new facility where 48to 60 aircraft can be assembled constructed and finished . With massive reserves at its disposal the company needs to invest in 4th and 5th gen production assembly and finishing lines in massive hangers to cut down on time improve quality and increase its Moorda chaal speed .

It is too slow production rate. Whatever is the reasons need to address and fix asap. HAL can not keep on giving the future dates and then extend them. They are accountable for India's highest need in Defense.

Too slow...Yes there are engine bottlenecks, but what investment is needed to say produce 36+ jets per year confirmed...HAL should plan for 36 with investments, capacity and work towards mitigating bottlenecks, as we may need 36+ by the time Tejas Mk2s come long by 2028-2030.

Not happening. The engine bottleneck, at the very least, is still very much present.
This is classic failure of the most critical aspect GE 404s...My question is HAL, DRDO, IAF all ha d a sense of the capacity required (at least as an options) what did they do to mitigate it? Yes there was Covid-19 and things went awry, but still - could we have assembled 404s in India with limited TOT...Defense production by nature is critical, risky and dependent on political will...But hoping all the time for the lowest cost is not the solution, as it leads to severe delays...Building redundancy will cost money but helps with capacity...I hope we will get better at planning and execution...It seems frustrating from the outside..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cp Saraswat
Back